This lemon dill salmon marinade recipe is fresh, easy, and so tasty! You’ll never want to make marinated salmon any other way.
Easy Salmon Marinade
Say hello to the brightest salmon marinade on the internet. It is the perfect combination of ingredients for a salmon fillet for the whole family.
You can marinate your salmon and serve it with vegetables, rice, or even have in a delicious bowl like this tasty fiesta bowl! There are countless ways you can prepare and serve marinated salmon. Let’s chat about what you need!
Ingredients You Need
- Olive oil- The olive oil is the base of this marinade. It helps bind all the ingredients together and helps the marinade cling to the salmon.
- Lemon Juice- The brightness of this marinade comes from the lemon juice! Fresh lemon juice is always a good idea with fish.
- Mustard– You can’t go wrong with adding a little mustard to a marinade. It offers an umami savory flavor to the marinade.
- Garlic- Smash and mince fresh garlic. It is a great addition to any sauce, marinade, or dressing.
- Salt– Don’t skip the salt! Salt brings out the flavor of all of these ingredients.
How Long to Marinate Salmon
Unlike other proteins, you don’t want to marinate salmon for too long! You only want to marinate salmon for 30-45 minutes! Marinating salmon too long could cause the fish to start cooking because of the citrus in the marinade!
here’s a tip
You can prepare this salmon marinade a few days before hand to use as a marinade for salmon throughout the week. Just add all the ingredients to a mason jar, shake, cover, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What Kind of Salmon Filets to Use
You can use a half salmon filet or you can use a bunch of smaller salmon filets. The important thing is the weight of salmon . This marinade is the perfect amount for 2.5-3 pounds of salmon.
All the Ways to Cook Salmon
You can marinate this salmon and cook it any way you would like! We have so many salmon recipes on FFF that you can choose from! No matter how you prepare your salmon, you can use the salmon you make for left overs or other delicious salmon dishes.
Here are all the different ways you cam prepare salmon.
How to Store Salmon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- Place all ingredients for the simple salmon marinade (minus the salmon) into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the marinade in the bottom of a baking sheet or a large casserole dish and then place the salmon fillet skin side up in the marinade and cover!
- Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup Calories: 128 Sugar: 5 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 3 Protein: 2