These cheesecake bites are the perfect healthy holiday dessert! They are made with greek yogurt, cream cheese, homemade cranberry sauce, and a delicious crispy crust! Add them to your holiday menu today!
How to Make Cheesecake Bites Healthy
Is there anything better than a bite of creamy cheesecake? That’s why we developed this delicious healthy cheesecake bite recipe. No need to make a full sized cheesecake when you can make cheesecake bites!
How can cheesecake be healthy? Let me tell you! For all of our cheesecake inspired recipes like these chocolate chai cheesecake bars and these delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars, we replace part of the cream cheese with GREEK YOGURT!
Greek yogurt adds a delicious tartness to any cheesecake recipe and is a great healthy alternative to cream cheese! We mix the two together and it is a match made in heaven.
Thick + Simple Graham Cracker Crust
In our experience there isn’t a replacement for the graham cracker crust that you have with cheesecake! These cheesecake bites have a delicious graham cracker crust that boarders the creamy filling.
There a few things to keep in mind so that you end up with the perfect graham cracker consistency—>
- Make sure you use cold or room temperature butter. NOT melted butter. Using cold or room temperature butter helps to create a crumble, not a paste!
- When you are processing the ingredients for the graham cracker crust in the food processor be sure to pulse the ingredients together rather than letting it run on high! You want to have control over the consistency of the crumble.
- When you add two tablespoons of graham cracker crumble to the muffin tins, be sure to firmly push the crust down with the back of the tablespoon to insure that the crust will bake correctly!
- Don’t forget, you bake the graham cracker crust before you put the cream cheese filling into the muffin liners!
here’s a tip
We recommend using muffin liners for these cheesecake bites! The muffin liners help to keep the shape of the cheesecake bites!
Cream Cheese Filling + The Swirl
Another wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can make both the crust AND the cream cheese filling in the food processor!
For the filling
You want to add the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, honey, and vanilla to the food processor first. Blend them together until the mixture is thick and creamy! Then, you add the egg white and pulse until the egg white is just combined!
Be careful not to over mix the cream cheese mixture after you add in the egg white.
After you have baked the crust for 5 minutes, add in the a few teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin liner.
For the swirl
All you have to do for the cranberry swirl is add 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce to the top of each cream cheese muffin and then swirl them together with a knife!
What kind of cranberry sauce do I use? We HIGHLY recommend using our homemade lemon ginger cranberry sauce! It only takes 15 minutes to make, it’s healthy, and so flavorful! If you are running low on time, feel free to use store bought cranberry sauce.
Cheesecake Bites Q&A
Can I use any fruit for the swirl?
If you’re in a pinch for time and don’t have cranberry sauce, feel free to use raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry jam instead!
Can I use GF graham crackers?
Yes, you can use gluten free graham crackers for the graham cracker crust!
How long do these last in the refrigerator?
These cheesecake bites will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator if you store them in an airtight container.
Can I freeze these cheesecake bites?
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake bites. Store them in an airtight container or bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tools You Need for Cheesecake Bites
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 graham crackers (full sheets)
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8-oz. softened cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup 5% plain Greek yogurt (any kind will work)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce (homemade or storebought work!)
- optional: lemon zest for garnish
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare graham cracker crust. Place graham crackers and butter into a high-speed food processor. Process on high until the mixture forms a crumble.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the graham cracker crumble into each muffin cup. You should have enough crust to make 12 mini cheesecakes. Use a spoon to press the crumble down into the pan.
- Bake graham cracker crust for 5 minutes at 350ºF.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake filling. Place softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, egg white, and vanilla extract into a high-speed food processor. Process on high until smooth and combined.
- Once the crust is done, remove from the oven. Spoon in around 1.5 – 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into each mini cheesecake.
- Then, spoon on around 1 heaping teaspoon cranberry sauce into each mini cheesecake. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the cheesecake mixture with the cranberry sauce.
- Bake mini cheesecakes at 350ºF for around 10-12 minutes, or until they are firm to touch.
- Let mini cheesecakes cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Then, transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tips & Notes
- If you are using cold cranberry sauce, be sure to heat it up before spooning it into the cheesecake cups. It is easier to swirl the cranberry sauce if it is warm.