You never need to make another buffalo chicken recipe again after trying this simple 4-ingredient recipe. It’s naturally gluten-free, a great meal-prep lunch recipe, and delicious.
The BEST Buffalo Chicken
Buffalo chicken is one chicken meal that you you can eat all year round it is buffalo chicken! Buffalo sauce is a sauce that you can use in chilis, salads, and more! We have so many amazing buffalo chicken recipes to choose from all year round!
Todays shredded buffalo chicken recipe is one of our favorites because you can make it and use it in so many different recipes!
Everything You Need for this Buffalo Chicken
Guess what, you only need 4 ingredients to make this creamy and protein packed chicken! Here’s what you need!
- Shredded chicken- shred your own chicken or buy already shredded chicken from the grocery store.
- Buffalo sauce- We love to use Franks hot sauce, but if you find Frank-less feel free to use your favorite hot sauce.
- Greek yogurt– As long as you use plain Greek yogurt, it doesn’t matter what fat content or brand you use.
- Honey– A little sweetness adds so much to this buffalo chicken recipe. It cuts the spiciness and leaves you with a delicious balance of spicy and sweet. Feel free to add more or less honey depending on your spice level preference. You can also use maple syrup instead of honey!
What Kind of Chicken to Use
What kind of chicken you use totally depends on what kind of chicken is available to you. There are a few different types of chicken you can use and few different ways you prepare your chicken!
If you would like to prepare shredded chicken at home, we recommend baking chicken breasts or chicken thighs and shredded them after with a fork.
If you are in a pinch and would like to buy pre-made chicken you can usually find precooked shredded chicken at the grocery store or you can buy a whole rotisserie chicken and shred it at home.
How to shred chicken
There are so many different ways you can make shredded chicken at home! You can even make a big batch of shredded chicken and add buffalo sauce to meal prep the chicken throughout the week.
shredded chicken- every way
How to Make Buffalo Chicken
After you have your shredded chicken (made at home or store bought) it’s time to make that delicious chicken into buffalo chicken!
Make the Sauce
To make the buffalo chicken sauce you add the Franks hot sauce and honey to a small sauce pan and whisk the two ingredients together over medium/high heat.
When the honey has dissolved and the sauce has come to a slight boil you can remove the sauce from heat.
Carefully add the Greek yogurt to the saucepan and whisk the sauce until all the ingredients are combined and the sauce is creamy!
Toss the sauce with chicken
After the sauce is thick and creamy, pour the buffalo sauce over your shredded chicken and mix until all the chicken is covered in buffalo sauce!
That’s it! Now serve your buffalo chicken any way you’d like!
Buffalo Chicken Tips + Tricks
How do you serve buffalo chicken?
There are so many different ways you can serve this buffalo chicken. Did you know you can serve buffalo chicken hot OR cold! It is delicious both ways.
We suggest eating this shredded buffalo chicken one of the delicious ways below!
- Make a shredded buffalo chicken sandwich!
- Roll this shredded buffalo chicken in a wrap
- Add a cup of this shredded buffalo chicken to a salad
- Make delicious lettuce wraps and drizzle them with this homemade blue cheese dressing!
What do you eat with buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken is a spicier chicken recipe that pairs well with ingredients like carrots, celery, blue cheese, and ranch!
How do you store buffalo chicken?
To store this shredded buffalo chicken you let the buffalo chicken cool completely before placing it in an air tight container and placing it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken?
We do not suggest freezing this shredded buffalo chicken.[embedded content]
- 2-lbs. shredded chicken (~6 cups)
- ½ cup Franks buffalo sauce
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, place the Franks and honey into a small saucepan and whisk over medium/high heat until the sauce comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Carefully whisk the Greek yogurt into the Franks sauce.
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the shredded chicken and mix until all the chicken is covered.
- Serve chicken alone, in a salad, or any way you’d like!
Tips & Notes
Serving Size: 1/6 Calories: 283 Sugar: 8 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 0 Protein: 48
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.